New Stop Motion Software - ikitmovie

Post your reviews or opinions on the StopMotion software is use today!

New Stop Motion Software - ikitmovie

Postby zorg » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:19 am

I just downloaded a demo copy of a new stop motion animation program called ikitmovie. Has anyone else tried it?
It seems very powerful and easy to use ... plus 2,200 sound effects builtin!!
Might be worth checking out http://www.ikitmovie.com/
I must get it and do a review ..
zorg
Site Admin

Re: New Stop Motion Software - ikitmovie

Postby DoneDeal » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:20 am

ok .,.,I took the plunge and purchased IKITMovie.They have an offer on at the moment down from $99 to $79.. Large download ..250mb +

Fist impressions..good..very good indeed. 2,200 sounds ..all high quality stereo sounds. Its funny having listened to alot of the sounds..I found myself wanting more than 2,200 :o

But its easy to add more sounds to your databank of sounds and categorise them. The sounds you add must be stereo though..so watch out for that because I added a mono sound and it added it but I could not play it back....so I removed it again and converted it to stereo using wavepad.

Its really easy to synchronise sounds with it. Something which I always struggled with on another stop motion program which I won't mention.

You can alter the level of the sounds added to the frames also..which is very handy.

The export function can export to WMV ,mpeg and MP4 ... I found mp4 gave best results. It was a little slow exporting though.

All in all I would give the thumbs up to ikitmovie ...it really is a step up .

I'll work with some more and give more feedback in time..

ikitmovie site (http://www.ikitmovie.com/ ) to check it out yourself
DoneDeal

Postby wephiwe » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:49 pm

I just purchased the Ikit movie software and am happy with the capture, snap,picture portion of the program but I am unable to access the voiceover and sound feature and I can't minimize or maximize the program. I have deleted and downloaded the program 5 times and still the same result. I have emailed support but no reply. I am getting a bit discouraged but I am trying to remain positive. Anybody know any tricks that I might try. I purchased the express verision, I'd even pay a few dollars more for full version if I could, to have the problem fixed. Help anybody!!! :cry:
wephiwe

Postby zorg » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:17 pm

It took me some time to figure out the voiceover and sound... so I emailed support and they got back to me within two hours. I was using Vista and did not install the software as administrator. To be fair I didn't follow the online tutorial which is very clear once you watch it. When I installed it properly..it worked like a dream. Cool package... the sounds are ace..
zorg
Site Admin

Postby dermywermy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:40 pm

I just bought it ..it rocks..

The sounds are out of this world..and really ease to add to the action..

L8R
dermywermy

Return to Software Reviews