Review: Cinegobs Keyer

Post your reviews or opinions on the StopMotion software is use today!

Review: Cinegobs Keyer

Postby Leonardo812 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:45 am

I recently discovered a free program called Cinegobs Keyer. Check out their website here.

For a free program, Cinegobs Keyer is quite amazing, and at least for now it's definitely the best free greenscreening program available. It's not perfect, and I often adjust the results a little in a compositor, but its ability to output with an alpha channel gives you much more freedom and flexibility to fine tune the backdrops in an external compositor.

I've tested Cinegobs Keyer with other popular choices like Wax, Axogon, and even some commercial products, and there is no doubt that it definitely produces better results and gives you more control than any other free keyer. Their manual provides detailed instructions on how to use the program. (It is quite complex)

All in all, I'd definitely recommend this to anyone using free software. With a well-lit greenscreen it can produce great results.

-Leonardo
Leonardo812

Re: Review: Cinegobs Keyer

Postby zorg » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:17 am

Yes I agree..it's good

its worth the time you need to get used to it for good results.

Zorg
zorg
Site Admin

Re: Review: Cinegobs Keyer

Postby antojames » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:25 am

Green-screening (Chroma Keying) works by making a certain color transparent. Keying programs don't see your video as a person in front of a background..

Hair Color Boston MA
antojames

Return to Software Reviews